Wednesday, August 22, 2018

My life

My name is Shadia Zalaket and i was born in Barranquilla, Colombia. I live with both my parents and two siblings who i love very much. I’ve moved a lot from one country to another as a child because of my dad’s work. Most of those countries are Middle Eastern ones. We left Colombia when i was just a kid  and went to Lebanon, which is where my dad is from. It’s a very beautiful country and i enjoyed living my childhood there and getting to meet a new culture and new people. Unluckily, we got to experience war in Lebanon on the year of 2008 so we went to Syria for a while. My dad also took us to Saudi Arabia with him for his great job opportunity and we lived there for about 4 years. It was a whole new world for me because the women there had to cover up their whole bodies, and women couldn’t drive by then either, but after all it is a very beautiful country and i would love going back for a visit. We came back to Colombia mostly because of my sister’s university and the better opportunities she can get here since her arabic was not that great. After all, Colombia is a beautiful country and it wasn’t that hard making friends here and i am really happy with my life and the people surrounding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment